Thursday, January 21, 2010

Publix 1 penny deal...

Well, okay...I admit it. I have no life. Fun for me is waiting patiently all day for the mail and not so patiently for it to be Publix's penny day. Sad isn't it?!? Every Wednesday, Publix will have a coupon in their Wednesday circular, for a penny item. It is usually some household staple, like peanut butter, bleach, milk and so on. I don't know why I get so excited about the stinking penny item, except maybe for the fact that I seriously have no life. Well, after anticipating all day about what the penny item was (and you can find out early by going to hotcouponworld.com) I was finally able to go to the store around 6pm last night....only to find the penny item was....wait for it.....wait.....



paper towels.



Yep, you read that right. A full day of excitement and anticipation over a roll of stinkin' paper towels?! Somethings got to give. Somethings got to change. I need a life.



To make the trip even more exciting, I decided to take Steve and Sid along. It adds to the sense of accomplishment, if I take these two along and can get out of the store without spending an arm and a leg. Well, I left with all my arms and legs, but I am typing with only three fingers! It seems my five year old, the sweet, kind, loving son that he is, has developed a taste for fresh crab. Not the frozen stuff, mind you, but the fresh, straight out of the ocean kind. The kind that costs 15.99 a pound. He had heard me earlier tell his daddy that something was cheaper at Bi-Lo, so when he asked for crab, and got a BIG NO...he innocently asked me..."is it cheaper at Bi-Lo? Let's go to Bi-Lo next!" All the way home he was telling us that we were going the wrong way, Bi-Lo is over there!!!"



Remind me to stay out of all stores with my little boy! Until next time.....Happy Shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment